Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Freedoms Ed-cafe

Today in history we did a class exercise called an ed-cafe. Thats when you are grouped together and assigned a topic, then in groups of other topics you lead an 8 minute conversation about your topic. You rotate your groups after every time so you are talking with other students in the class. This was the first time I ever did an ed-cafe and going into it I was a little unsure of what it would be like. After the fist conversation I really started to get into it and really enjoy talking about these freedoms that we have in the United States. I think that this was a really fun class and would definitely do it again! A couple things that I think could've been better was that the discussions got more involved, there were a lot of pauses inbetween all the points that were made but I think part of it was that we have never done this before. I think that the conversations that went really well were the ones in which the leader had prepared questions for the group before the point to get you really thinking about it before discussing it. Also I think that if people more of jumped in on the conversation instead of one person talking, then the next, and back and forth between two people, it would end up to be a better conversation. Or the leader get the people who didn't say anything to give some input because they might have a terrific idea but be too shy to actually put it out there. Overall I thought that this ed-cafe went really well and I'm looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment